This past week has been utterly fantastic. I have so much to share with all of you, and so many photos to sort through still. Even the little things this week have been fun! From making paper flowers at work for a Mother's Day project to some new books for late night reading. The best part, though? Taking a road trip to Newport Beach. My mom and I have been talking about taking a girl's trip to the beach for over a year now and this was the week to make it happen. With Mother's Day last Sunday and her birthday two days later, the timing was just perfect. As was the trip. We were only there for two days, but it felt like ages. The perfect sort of vacation.
The wind was intense on our first day there, but we still spent some time at the beach. My favorite part though had to be the hotel room with the wall of windows that opened up to a beautiful view of the bay. I'm so thankful to be at a point in my life now where I can treat my mom to things she enjoys. This definitely won't be the last you'll be hearing about Newport Beach. I've got a fun DIY project and some travel tips to share this week.
In other news, I had my first wedding cake consultation on Thursday. I'm really excited about the concept they're going for and I'm excited to share the process over the next few weeks. While I don't know if I'd want to pursue cake baking as a full time career, this has been a fun learning process so far.
Some of my favorite things from around the internet this week...
• Food52 consistently inspires me through their Instagram feed. Gorgeous.
• This farmhouse kitchen is so dreamy.
• With the weather heating up, this Honey Plum Splash looks deliciously refreshing.
• I am completely smitten with the branding for the Oyster Inn.
• With my float obsession still going strong, these Root Beer Float Shooters look as delicious as they are charming.