Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Dress it Up: Cheesecake

A Little Cheesecake

Needing to kill some time isn't always a bad thing. Living next to an elementary school, I've learned to avoid the beginning and end of the school day. This means getting to work early and going on mid-afternoon adventures on the rare occasion that I head home around 3 o'clock. Yesterday that meant cheesecake.

On it's own, this cheesecake is nothing special. Just a sweet something that I picked up at Marie Calendar's on my way home. Honestly, I was a little disappointed that they discontinued their caramel apple cheesecake. The trick to turning that disappointment into delight? Chocolate sauce. Chocolate makes everything better. In this case, a little King's Cupboard Bittersweet melted and dripped over the top. A cup of Remus Lupin tea doesn't hurt either. Bliss.

Do you have a favorite way to dress up a lackluster store bought treat?

Cup of Tea

2 comments:

  1. That cheesecake looks delicious! I think I may have to buy myself some tomorrow :) I am totally loving the awesome detail of the pictures. I'm not sure which makes me more excited...the food or the pictures! Haha

    -KSchmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had the chance to enjoy some. You're so sweet, thank you! I've been having so much fun playing with my new camera and figuring out the settings. I can't wait to get some more practice in.

      Delete